Fri, Feb 23|
La Fonda del Bosque
Pre Show Dinner - Opera Southwest Presents Bless Me, Ultima (2/23/18)
Enjoy a special, elegantly curated, 4-Course Dinner, designed and prepared by Owner and Chef Stefani Mangrum. We will be offering pre-paid dinner reservations before the evening performances of Opera Southwest Presents Bless Me, Ultima.
Time & Location
Feb 23, 2018, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
La Fonda del Bosque, 1701 4th St SW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, USA
About the Event
One Night Only - Friday, February 23
La Fonda del Bosque – Dinner Served 5-8 pm*
*Reservations must be booked in advance. To make your show time, reservations must be made between 5:00 pm and 6:15 pm. We can also accommodate walk-ins for the performance attendees for a la carte appetizers and drinks from our fully stocked bar.
Enjoy a special, elegantly curated, 4-Course Dinner, designed and prepared by Owner and Chef Stefani Mangrum. We will be offering pre-paid dinner reservations before the evening performances of Opera Southwest Presents Bless Me, Ultima. Please purchase your Pre Show Dinner Ticket in advance, as space is limited. You can purchase your Dinner Ticket by clicking the link below. Show tickets must be purchased separately, directly through the NHCC box office.
4 Course Dinner Includes: Appetizer, choice of Soup or Salad, choice of Entree and a choice of Dessert. - Complimentary Ice Tea, Regular or Decaff Coffee, or Fountain Drink with purchase.
Cost: $33 per person, includes 18% gratuity and tax and a 10% advance purchase discount. - No refunds or exchanges. Purchased Dinner Ticket valid for confirmed reservation date and time only. No Rainchecks.
- Guacamole & Salsa Trio - House made corn tortilla chips, guacamole, and three different salsas.
Soup or Salad:
- Green Chile Chicken Soup - Pan seared chicken, tomatoes, potatoes, cilantro in a cream and chicken broth served with our house sage bread and butter.
- Organic Green Salad - Locally grown greens, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers and cucumbers. Served with our house sage bread and butter.
- Chile Relleno - New Mexico green chile stuffed with caramelized shiitake and domestic mushrooms, caramelized onions, roasted garlic, goat cheese and asadero cheeses, lightly beer battered and fried, served on a bed of corn and red bell pepper coulis, with a side of coconut rice.
- Green Chile Chicken Pasta - Pan seared chicken served in a green chile, tomato, cilantro, white wine cream sauce topped with cotija cheese.
- Glazed Pork Loin - Chipotle and raspberry glazed pork loin served with red chile smashed potatoes and grilled squash.
Choice of Dessert:
- Mexican Chocolate Brownie - Served with vanilla ice cream.
About the Show:
Hector Armienta’s Bless Me, Ultima is a fully-staged opera with orchestra, sung in English with both English and Spanish supertitles and presented in three acts with one intermission. This will be the world premiere of the Rudolfo Anaya masterwork.
Opera Southwest, along with the National Hispanic Cultural Center and San Jose’s Opera Cultura, is thrilled to have commissioned an opera based on Rudolfo Anaya’s best-selling novel Bless Me, Ultima. The composer, Hector Armienta, has worked with Mr. Anaya on the libretto, and the resulting piece will be an historic event. Maestro Guillermo Figueroa conducts.
February 18, 21, 23, 24 & 25, 2018
2 pm—Saturday & Sundays
7:30 pm—Wednesday & Friday
Pre Show Dinner - Fri 2/23/18
Enjoy a special, elegantly curated, 3-Course Dinner, designed and prepared by Owner and Chef Stefani Mangrum. We will be offering pre-paid dinner reservations before the evening performance of Opera Southwest Presents Bless Me, Ultima on Friday 2/23/18 Only.